Stacey Cooke has told her cheating husband Ryan Giggs: ‘Go out and play the game of your life’ ahead of this Saturday’s Champions League final showdown between United and Barcelona…
Stacey married Giggs four years ago and the pair have two children together. For the sake of those children, Giggsy tried to keep a lid on his affair with Imogen Thomas by spending nearly £200,000 on a super-injunction. However, the whole situation went sour pretty quickly and soon enough, everybody knew Bruce Willis was a ghost…sorry – wrong secret.
Stacey has stomached a massive blow to her marriage this week and given her full support to her other-half as he approaches the biggest game left in his career. It’s an admirable display of forgiveness and commitment – what we don’t know is what the Welshman had to agree to in order to receive his pardon…but we’ve guessed:
– Don’t sleep with Imogen Thomas again.
– From now on, text Stacey my every move, even if it’s a jog down the Stretford End for a warm-up.
– No more shows that may feature Imogen Thomas shall be viewed or mentioned (Basically, all programmes that use the word ‘celebrity’ in the title).
– When buying a super-injunction in the future, I must enquire about how ‘super’ it actually is before paying.
– Never underestimate the we-don’t-give-a-crap-about-legality attitude of the public.
– The argument ‘But everybody else has done her once’ is always invalid.
– Stop hanging about with Wayne Rooney.
In all seriousness, if Giggs hadn’t implemented a gagging order, nobody would have found out or cared. He might as well have spent £200,000 on a huge ACME spotlight to follow him around. MP John Hemmings named and shamed the United winger in parliament last week and opened the floodgates for vultures like me to feed off the story and write something (just because we can…I think/hope).
Anyway, it’s a massive own-goal on Gigg’s part but his wife has showed real strength by sticking with him for the kids. For that Stacey Cooke/Giggs, we honour you with the WAG of the Week award – previously received by a certain Imogen Thomas for igniting this wildfire in the first place – oops!